Assistant Director of Annual Scholarship Fund
Morningside College is now accepting for an energetic and collaborative individual to fill the full time position of Assistant Director of Annual Scholarship Fund. This individual is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from a portfolio of donor prospects of 150 including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding leadership gifts for the College from alumni, parents, friends, and businesses. He/she will be coordinating all direct mail/email appeals for direct support to the College’s Annual Scholarship Fund, including all Athletic fundraising and must be willing to travel 60% of the time.
• Develop and manage a portfolio of 150 prospects/Suspects including alumni, parents, faculty, staff, friends and businesses using all aspects of the gift cycle (identify, qualify, engage and personally solicit).
• Must be willing to travel 60% of the time to make personal visits and conduct face-to-face solicitations.
• Plan, organize and execute direct mail/email appeal for the Annual Scholarship Fund that includes identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of constituents. This program will be responsible to annually increase both the number of donors and the total dollars raised.
• Assist in the Faculty/Staff Campaign, Parent’s Campaign, and Alumni & Friends Telethon.
• Personally develop and manage the Athletic Fundraising campaign.
• Participate in setting campaign events and solicitation goals through focused moves management system.
• Conducts comprehensive data analysis and interprets statistical data to effectively monitor progress, forecast strategies and develop programs that will maximize gifts to the College.
• Attend and support events and programs directly related to responsibilities, especially those sponsored by the College at large.
• Participate in the prospect management process to further fundraising efforts.
• Must have a valid driver's license; weekend and evening work will be required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3-5 years of experience in development, or with strong achievement records in fundraising for non-academic organizations or in related areas such as sales, marketing or business
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the college
• Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising in higher education including personal solicitation, direct mail, telephone solicitations, e-solicitations, reunion giving, and on-line giving.
• Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
• Must possess an aptitude for gift solicitation and effective written and oral communication skills
• Have strong computer skills
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume and references by email to email@example.com or send to:
Attn: Human Resources
1501 Morningside Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51106